Laser Body Contouring: How Does it Work?
Sometimes no matter how hard we stick to our good eating habits and stay active, it seems like it’s all for nothing. But if you’ve got the inclination – and the money – laser body sculpting treats those problem areas where it’s tough to lose fat with diet or exercise. Without the need for surgery, this non-invasive fat reduction procedure will reduce fat cells in problem areas. Laser body contouring is also known as nonsurgical fat reduction. These techniques contour and sculpt various parts of the body by reducing or removing stubborn fat from problematic areas. The effects of laser body contouring treatments will last for a long time.
How Does it Work?
Laser body contouring uses a non-invasive laser procedure to improve your body structure. It’s a huge step forward from previous surgical procedures that required numerous deep skin incisions. Treatments target high-wavelength light-based energy lasers optimized for weight reduction in areas like the belly and waistline. The applicators target and treat fat cells with light energy, allowing the body to automatically lose these cells in the weeks after your contouring procedure. Laser fat reduction delivers heat below the surface of the skin and destroys fat cells.
Laser body sculpting treatments are fast, lasting less than 30 minutes, and can treat several areas at once. Many people have results as early as six weeks after fat reduction therapy, but the most significant results are seen after several weeks. Certain patients may experience a mild tingling feeling during treatment, but this is a normal behavior seen in many people. The most common side effects of body contouring procedures are moderate swelling, tenderness, and redness. Without any downtime, most patients can resume their daily schedule soon after surgery.
Benefits of Laser Body Contouring
- Excess fat is reduced when the laser efficiently breaks down and destroys fatty tissue. You’ll have immediate, noticeable results that will continue to improve over time.
- Laser has a lower risk of inflammation while effectively reducing fat cells.
- Traditional liposuction is much more painful than laser body sculpting. While conventional liposuction involves plunging hollow metal tubes into the body to vacuum out fat, body contouring uses a laser to liquefy fat cells. These characteristics make laser an excellent minimally invasive treatment for body sculpting.
- You’ll start your daily life sooner rather than waiting for the pain and bruising to go down.
- You will have smoother skin, and the laser aids in collagen and tissue formation, resulting in a more sculpted and more pleasing look.
How Much Does It Cost per Session?
The cost of laser body contouring varies significantly based on the area to be treated, as well as the clinic’s experience. An average eight-session series will easily cost over $1,000.